40 min. prep time
Cauliflower is one of our favorite vegetables (second only to fennel). Roasting and browning it is the best way to maximize its flavor and optimize its texture. A little The Butcher’s Table Seasoning Blend makes it extra savory.
1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into eighths, leaving core intact
1 1/2 tbsp. The Butcher's Table Seasoning Blend
1 tbsp. drained capers, smashed and roughly chopped
1 tsp. orange zest (½ orange)
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup expeller-pressed safflower oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together The Butcher’s Table Seasoning Blend, capers, orange zest, pepper, and oil until well combined. Pour the marinade mixture over the cauliflower and toss until the cauliflower is thoroughly coated.
4. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet cut side down. Scrape any remaining marinade mixture from the large bowl onto the tops of the cauliflower pieces.
5. Roast in the oven until the cauliflower is browned and tender, 20 to 30 minutes
Pro Tip: For a heartier dish, top each piece of roasted cauliflower with a piece of Beecher’s Dutch Hollow Dulcet cheese and return them to the oven to cook just until the cheese melts.