Keeping things fresh in the kitchen doesn’t always require new ingredients – we love mixing up our techniques as well. This cut is ideal for bringing new levels of sophistication to your kabobs and stir fries.
- Season the fully thawed beef at least 4 hours prior to cooking to allow the seasoning to fully penetrate the meat.
- Remove the beef from your refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to cook time to allow it to come up to room temperature.
- For kabobs, we recommend choosing marinades and spices with plenty of acid to balance out the richness of the beef. The pieces arrive in the ideal size for kabobs, allowing you to develop an exterior char while maintaining a juicy interior for each piece.
- For stir fries, we love using a stainless steel wok for the excellent heat distribution, and a shape that is conducive to tossing ingredients as they cook.
- We recommend assembling all of your stir fry ingredients – mise en place- ahead of time so you can concentrate as you start to cook. To avoid swamping the vegetables and overcooking the beef, try cooking stir fries in smaller batches and serving them piping hot.
- We use high temperature oils for stir fries, like expeller-pressed safflower oil, and avoid oils with low smoke points like olive oil.