About the Shun Gokujo
This knife 6-inch knife excels at both boning and filleting and will quickly become your go-to knife for cutting proteins. For boning, the narrow, sharp, curved blade gets in close, making it easy to separate meat from bone. Even fibrous tissue is no match for Shun's extremely sharp edge. It’s perfect for trimming the silver skin from a tenderloin roast, or even making your own cutlets. The narrow blade reduces drag as you cut against the meat, so cutting is fast and easy. The D-shaped handle provides a secure grip for excellent control.
This blade is from the Shun Classic line, which features beautiful Damascus-clad blades and D-shaped Ebony PakkaWood handles. Behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is knife that is sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
- Curved, rigid blade gets in close the bone and offers controlled cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood
- Blade length: 6 in. (15.2 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan